In almost every ghost book about the state of Virginia, the author includes a short tale about a haunted junk yard in Bassett, Virginia.  The place sounds terrifying and a rather perfect place for us ghost hunters to spend the night. However, none of these books mention where the ghost yard is located or where this story even originates.  

Curious, I took this upon myself to figure out where this haunted scrap shop was located and thanks to the new street view on Google Maps, I think I may have found a suitor.   Auto Salvage Co. Nelson is located in Bassett and is really the only Junk Yard in the area.  If there is a haunted salvage yard in Bassett, Virginia then this would be it. 

Address

200 Murray Hill Ln 
Bassett, VA 24055 
800-871-5087

 



View Larger Map

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually this is not where it is at all. I live here and while true this is CURRENTLY the only auto salvage place in this area, it is not the one mentioned in the book. The one mentioned in the book was located just off of Highway 57 East and is now filled with old charter buses owned by Easter Auto Sales. Good luck in your quest. Hope this helps narrow it down for you. :)

jone arthur said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.
auto wrecking yards
salvage yards near me
Auto Shopscash for junk cars

Alex ken said...

The decision to get rid of your vehicle becomes easy when you know that you can not only get cash for your car but you will be contributing to reducing pollution.

Auto wreckers Abbotsford

Unknown said...

Ok guys !! You want the real answer ... yes it is Nelson’s salvage or so called junk yard.. I ran the yard over 32 years. I’ve have hundreds of calls at night that headlights ,radios plays . The police would always go and check it out . They did see lights at times they would call me, I would always tell them Do Not go out there ! So there’s the real story .

Post a Comment